- Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk will not take place at Wembley Stadium on April 29.
- Usyk’s promoter Alex Krassyuk and Fury’s chief negotiator Frank Warren both confirmed talks were abandoned on Wednesday night.
There were hopes the highly-anticipated heavyweight unification fight could be salvaged after a live exchange between Krassyuk and Warren on talkSPORT.
Warren revealed a dispute over the purse split for the rematch, but both camps agreed to continue negotiating.
However, those talks were unsuccessful and the fighters are now officially moving on.
“I spoke with Frank, and we both admitted that the fight is off,” Krassyuk told iFLTV.
“So we accepted it, and we agreed to speak over the weekend to discuss the mandatory [Daniel Dubois for Usyk].
“Usyk vs the mandatory is the most likely to happen next. It should be the WBA. Normally, the next in line is the WBA, but depending on Dubois’ health, if he’s fit to fight, that will be the case.”
Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk OFF, Ukrainian’s promoter confirms to talkSPORT
Krassyuk added: “We were desperate to find a compromise. Tyson didn’t want to compromise.”
Meanwhile, Warren admitted the fight is now a ‘dead duck’, accusing Usyk of ‘looking for a way out’ and having his head ‘turned’ by the possibility of bouts in Saudi Arabia.
He said: “They didn’t think Tyson would be ready for the 29th and suddenly Tyson was ready for it.
“He has been in training camp for two and a half weeks, got trainers in from America and they looked for a way to get out.”
Usyk previously accepted a 70/30 split in Fury’s favour, but denied the Brit’s call to scrap the proposed rematch clause.
It is understood the Ukrainian wanted the rematch clause to contain a 70/30 split in favour of the winner – which was rejected by Fury.
Warren fears Usyk’s mandatory title defences as IBF, WBA and WBO champion could mean the fight never goes ahead.
“There is an established rota of who Usyk has to defend against,” Warren said.
“That’s why after the 29th it goes away.”